Doesn't work in Firefox. I see errors about "same origin policy disallows reading the resource at" and lists play.google.com and cloud.unity3d.com
You are EXE the Infectoid - a powerful virus uploaded into a super-computer with the mission of destroying its main processor... and corrupting every bit and byte that you encounter!
Hack and slash your way through the computer maze, collecting unique powers, items, and finally making your way towards the maleficent CPU...
How to play (controller recommended):
- WASD or Left Thumbstick to move
- Left Mouse Click or X (controller) to melee attack
- Space or A (controller) to jump
- P (keyboard) or Start Button to pause and view map
- R (keyboard) or Back Button to restart to last checkpoint
- E (keyboard) or Y (controller) to corrupt enemies and open doors (after obtaining corrupt)
- Right Mouse Click or B (controller) to grapple (after obtaining grapple)
Created in a month for Metroidvania Jam 2019!
- Art: Ralf Corella
- Audio: Nick Gross
- Coding: Jerome Lester
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Works fine for me in Firefox. Using version 119.0.1 (latest), no issues or errors playing in the browser. Check if you need to update or if any extensions are causing conflicts.
I enjoyed it, but I wish the map didn't show every item and room from the beginning. I wish it slowly filled in as you explore. Also, I wish it would mark items you picked up so you know what's left!
Great jam game though
Do you guys still update this game?
very nice game !
doesn't work all too well, but still good.
Sorry to hear that- what did you have trouble with?
Whenever I went through a door, it usually made me come out the other side still moving, and I couldn't stop, move in another direction, or really do anything. Also, many jumps were near impossible. Please make the Infectoid jump higher or fall slower or move faster to fix this. Thanks for replying!